Castle, home now to the
Merthyr Tydfil museum but was occupied by the Crawshay family
from 1810 until 1889. To us now the original £30,000 cost
seems a snip but in those days such a sum required deep pockets.
A wonderfully grand place set in a raised position which enabled
the family to admire their source of extreme wealth down in the
valley below. The furnaces glowed red day and night reminding
them of their ever increasing income.